Person: “Help! This man is injured! Is there a doctor in the house?”
Blogger: “I’m a blogger”
This is what I think of when I think of bloggers. It seems like they have the same reputation as vegans – no one really wants to be one, but when they are, they make a big deal about it. (I apologize to vegans – and to bloggers) That’s why I was hesitant to start a blog. But then I realized I needed space. I needed a space to muse about life and to also be heard. There are times during my day when I don’t say things I should (more often, I say things I shouldn’t). I decided to do something about that – create a space where I could muse and perhaps find a few people who could muse with me.
Never forget that your musings and opinions matter, no matter how quiet you are, no matter how stupid you think your opinions are. They matter. Even if you just post them out into the ether that is the Internet, to be swallowed by basketball memes and cats hunting for cheeseburgers.
So this is my space, and you’re welcome to it. But, as any stranger who enters into someone’s space, they usually like to know about the Someone who occupies that space.
I’m Audrey. I’m a Christian. I’m a sophomore in college studying communications. I’m an introvert. I like coffee (hence the website name). I have never been in a fight with a bear. That’s probably all you want to know. I won’t exhaust the subject because there’s not much to talk about.
I know that this post is getting a bit TL;DR, but there’s just a few more things I want to say. Since I really can’t tell you what this blog is, I can give you a vague idea of what this blog isn’t. Then you can decide whether you’re cool with random crap or think to yourself, “This isn’t a blog about knitting cat sweaters? I’m out. ”
This is what I’m NOT setting out to do in this blog:
- I’m not going to try to tell you what to think or what to do. (Basically, this is not a health/fitness website. Eat whatever you dang want.)
- I’m not going to tell you how to live your life. Because I don’t know how to live life. (In fact, if you have anything to say about living life, please tell me. I’m not sure if I’m doing it right.)
- I’m not going to teach you how to be a parent. (Why are there so many parenting blogs? Seriously. Someone please explain this to me. I was raised before the Internet and I’m okay.)
- I’m not going to show you how to bake things using an exhaustive amount of pictures detailing each step. I know. You’re disappointed.
- I’m never going to talk about the Kardashians. That’s just kind of a basic rule I have for my life in general.
If this post were an acceptance speech at the Oscars, they’d probably have drop-kicked me off the stage by now. Blog tips always tell you to “Keep it short! People on the Internet aren’t interested in long narratives!” I guess I’ll have to counteract that at some point by talking about the rise of longform media among millennials. Or I’ll just post a cat meme next time.
In any case, thanks for checking in. Have fun existing.